Careers Job DetailsBack to Job Opportunities
At dck worldwide, we have a passion for building solutions for remarkable clients. Our construction accomplishments are located in some of the most extraordinary locations. We are presently building several projects throughout the Caribbean Islands.
In addition to building solutions for our clients, we provide great opportunities for our employees. At dck worldwide, you will work side-by-side with some of the commercial construction industry’s best talent. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, and you’ll contribute. You will also have the chance to make a difference in the lives of your co-workers and the community. Most importantly, you can make a difference in your own life. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, unlimited career growth potential, and options for you to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Interested? Then let’s talk.
If you want to join a great company and be part of a team that makes a difference, then please submit your resume and cover letter by applying below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Job Title:
- Electrical Superintendent
- Experience Level:
- Mid to Senior
- Various, Caribbean
- The Electrical Superintendent is responsible for overseeing all electrical aspects of site work for construction projects, including coordinating with Electrical Project Manager and Electrical Operations Manager regarding equipment and supplies procurement and manpower. The position is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the role are completed in accordance with the company’s best practices and safety regulations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all phases of electrical related work, including, but not limited to: switch gear, distribution panels, transformer, automatic and/or manual transfer switches, generators, solar, controls, conduit, underground, low voltage, and power wiring related to electrical construction;
- Test all systems and equipment to ensure performance;
- Resolve job site conflicts regarding installation issues or escalate concerns to management as required;
- Provide feedback to dck worldwide management team regarding changes and keep as-built drawings current;
- Read blueprints and interpret job specifications;
- Ensure quality workmanship and enforce dck worldwide safety programs and policies;
- Manage company job-site tools and materials located on-site using inventory system;
- Complete necessary site paperwork, including, but not limited to, timesheets, expense reports, and on-site documentation on computer or iPad;
- Other duties as assigned in support of the organization.
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and local codes required;
- High school diploma or educational equivalent;
- Trade or Technical School certificate preferred;
- OSHA 10 and 30 required.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Master Electrical license is preferred, but not required;
- Prior electrical apprenticeship or formal training in electrical installations;
- Previous experience installing raceways, cables, and wiring to meet local or national codes and standards required;
- Willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get things done;
- Customer focus;
- Possess a high standard of ethical conduct, a passion to pursue new and creative solutions and a resolute spirit.
- Ability to hear horn and/or warning devices at a distance of 30 yards required;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds required;
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, standing, and walking significant distances;
- Visual ability (corrected or uncorrected) to observe and detect signs of dangerous obstacles at 30 yards and to verify written information at a close range;
- Ability to work from ladders and scaffolds at heights above 30 feet;
- Ability to work in hot climates;
- When/if a position is offered, one must submit to a physical and substance testing and a test for color blindness. These tests will be administered by a doctor selected and paid for by dck.
- A valid Passport;
- A valid Driver’s License.
How to Apply:
- If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
- Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
- User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Getthejob1
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
User Name: email@example.com