Careers Job DetailsBack to Job Opportunities
Project EstimatorPittsburgh, PA
At dck worldwide, we have a passion for building solutions for remarkable clients.
We also provide great opportunities for our team members. Join our company, and you will work side-by-side with some of the industry’s best talent. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, and you’ll contribute. You will also have the chance to make a difference in the lives of your co-workers and in the community. Most importantly, you can make a difference in your own life. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, career growth potential, and options for you to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
We are currently looking for a Project Estimator to assist in preparing portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
Interested? Then let’s talk!
- Job Title:
- Experience Level:
- Job Location:
- Pittsburgh, PA
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work per assigned discipline and develop required contents of estimate.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work, contact subcontractors and suppliers to further develop scope items and for current pricing.
- Maintain files of working documents as back up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support and maintain estimating department historical data files and computer software.
- Support other department personnel as required may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Assist Level III and Chief Estimator in assisting contract department during preparation of inquiries and final evaluation of submitted bids as required.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Skills / Requirements
- Educational and experience requirements include: 4 year BS or MS engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience. Minimum 2-6 years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction.
- Supervision provided when estimating items. Should independently estimate a small to medium size project.
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org