Careers Job DetailsBack to Job Opportunities
Pre-Construction ManagerPittsburgh, PA
At dck worldwide, we have a passion for building solutions for remarkable clients.
We also provide great opportunities for our team members. Join our company, and you will work side-by-side with some of the industry’s best talent. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, and you’ll contribute. You will also have the chance to make a difference in the lives of your co-workers and in the community. Most importantly, you can make a difference in your own life. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, career growth potential, and options for you to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Interested? Then let’s talk!
- Responsible for the pre-construction services on a project to ensure that all constructability, budget and schedule issues are addressed.
- Ability to relate to the “Business” side of the owner requirements and adapt deliverables to meet owner needs.
- Be able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with clients, designers, subcontractors and other personnel when necessary to perform one’s job responsibilities.
- Be able to present a credible, confident, positive image of oneself and the company during oral presentations to clients, designers and others.
- Capable of addressing difficult issues with problem-solving techniques and solutions.
- Act as a resource coordinator and identify and secure the technical help required on any given assignment.
- Be able to effectively use various computer programs, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Suretrak, On Screen Takeoff, Adobe Acrobat and Timberline
- Job Title:
- Pre-Construction Manager
- Job Location:
- Pittsburgh, PA
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to manage the estimate process for specific projects, including setting and maintaining deadlines, supervising other estimators, conduct subcontractor coordination and coordinate effectively with operations.
- Understanding of unit pricing at all levels of plan development from schematic to contract Documents.
- Knowledge of cost across various disciplines and trades.
- Propose means and methods of construction and ability to suggest cost savings or potential problems on the project.
- Be familiar with providing estimates in CSI form. Familiarity with the Timberline Estimating program
- Have an understanding of current construction costs and be able to supervise the maintenance of a continually updated construction cost data base.
- Be able to analyze bid scope of subcontractor proposals in detail for each proposal with no gaps or overlaps between proposals.
- Be capable of managing a design-build estimating process by guiding the design team to give information in a timely way so that we may verify that we are adhering to budget. Evaluate different design solutions for budget suitability.
- Review post award documents and compare to the original RFP proposal for any discrepancies and suggest cost savings where possible.
- Have the ability to stay current with the latest construction materials and processes, including costs in order to facilitate the company maintaining a competitive edge
Skills / Requirements
- Positive disposition
- Assertive but agreeable, self-confident
- Perceptive, self-starter, energetic, flexible
- Attentive to details, thorough, precise
- Supervisory experience required
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
User Name: email@example.com