Careers Job DetailsBack to Job Opportunities
Project Cost Accountant (Position in St. Thomas)Miami, FL
The position for this posting is located on the USVI of St. Thomas.
This position is responsible for ensuring all project cost reports are analyzed, maintained, and updated properly in accordance with the company’s Best Practices.
Why does this job exist?
It is critical to the organization that accurate and timely cost reports are provided to leadership within the organization, helping them to more effectively manage the company.
Scope of work
Project Cost Accountant provides cost accounting support for assigned projects.
- Project cost accounting Best Practices are implemented on all assigned projects.
- Ensures any assigned projects experiencing deficiencies with project cost budgeting have been identified in a timely manner and recommended corrective actions have been implemented.
- Provides all project leadership with cost information to improve project performance. Establishes a collaborative and productive relationship with key project team members and corporate accounting staff
- Achieves other performance measures as identified in his/her performance plan.
- Job Title:
- Sr. Project Cost Accountant
- Job Location:
- Miami, FL
Responsibilities and Duties
- Works closely with estimating and the project team to input the cost estimates to accurately collect and report on the performance of the project.
- Continually work with the project team to capture and monitor project costs and advise project manager as deviations from the budget.
- Continually works with all stakeholders in the project; suppliers, subcontractors, owner’s representatives, banks and government agencies.
- Manages all the accounts payable and receivable for the assigned projects through the standard cost system.
- Supports monthly close process, providing reporting for the project manager to review and present to senior management.
- Maintains key business relationships with project leadership.
Skills / Requirements
- Understands project cost accounting processes so they can be effectively implemented on complex projects.
- Has the project cost accounting experience and the communication skills to interact with the team in support of the resolution of project cost issues.
- Has strong project management and problem solving analysis skills to provide the project team with opportunities to increase margin or mitigate cost overruns
- Has strong systems and software knowledge, MS software packages
- The ability to work effectively with others within the organization
Required experience and education:
- 5-7 years of professional experience in project cost accounting on construction projects.
- Four-year college education, advanced degree desirable.
- Federal, state and private-sector project cost accounting experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
User Name: email@example.com