Careers Job DetailsBack to Job Opportunities
Project EngineerCalistoga, California
At dck worldwide, we have a passion for building extraordinary solutions for clients in some of the greatest places in the world. Right now, we are looking for experienced construction professionals that share our passion for building to join our project team in Napa Valley, California.
Project Engineer – Northern California
Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and crafts to insure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications, and design instruction applicable to one or more disciplines.
1. Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material.
2. Research and resolve drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, and the like. Prepare field design change requisitions and “as built” drawings, as required.
3. Prepare (or direct the preparation of) and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc.
4. May provide supervision and/or technical direction, (i.e., print interpretation, design intent, construction feasibility), to engineers, crafts, and/or superintendents assigned to area of work to insure work is completed in proper sequence.
5. Present design discrepancies to A/E or engineering management for resolution ‑ prepare documentation (field design change requests, beyond normal scope reports, etc.), as required.
6. Provide necessary building control lines and elevations for accurate measurement and correct installation of material.
7. Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
EDUCATION, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include: 4-year engineering degree or 8 year equivalent combination of technical training and/or related experience and minimal similar construction engineering and/or surveying experience. Working knowledge of surveying techniques, equipment, standards and procedures is necessary. Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate with others is essential.
How to Upload a Resume:
Click ‘UPLOAD RESUME’ to submit your information to dck worldwide. You will need to log into the secure Microsoft site using these credentials:
User Name: email@example.com
If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the UPLOAD RESUME button.
- Job Title:
- Project Engineer
- Job Location:
- Calistoga, CA
- Position you are applying for:
- Project Engineer
- Requisition Number:
Responsibilities and Duties
- Plan, develop, coordinate, and manage onsite construction engineering activities for large, extensive projects. TYPICAL DUTIES: 1. Manage project engineering and related personnel functions and activities. Includes personnel planning and administration, work assignments, wage increases/promotions, disciplinary actions, etc. 2. Insure project-engineering activities comply with company and contract requirements and support overall construction schedule. 3. Provide technical support for construction effort including participation in construction planning and design; interpretation of design; application of construction methods; resolution and documentation of design conflicts; constructability reviews, etc. 4. Develop, implement and administer project engineering procedures and other work controlling documents. 5. Represent company, project and/or department during A/E, client and project management meetings. 6. Interface all on site departments as required to resolve problems, ensure quality of construction, etc. in support of overall project schedule. 7. Price change orders. 8. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
Skills / Requirements
- Educational and experience requirements include: 4-year engineering degree or equivalent technical training and related experience. Minimum of 10 years similar construction engineering experience. Advanced knowledge of construction engineering technology codes, standards, etc., plus an in depth understanding of the interdependence and relationship between other functional units required. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills plus demonstrated ability to manage a team of varied disciplines. Registration as a Professional Engineer is valuable.
- We offer an environment of learning and improvement, competitive salary, and excellent benefits including: 401(k), health insurance, personal time off, life insurance, dental plan, cafeteria plan, and wellness plan.
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org