Careers Job DetailsBack to Job Opportunities
VP, Sales and Business DevelopmentPittsburgh, PA
At dck worldwide, we have a passion for building solutions for remarkable clients. Our construction accomplishments are located in some of the most extraordinary locations. We are presently building several projects throughout the Caribbean Islands.
In addition to building solutions for our clients, we provide great opportunities for our employees. At dck worldwide, you will work side-by-side with some of the commercial construction industry’s best talent. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, and you’ll contribute. You will also have the chance to make a difference in the lives of your co-workers and the community. Most importantly, you can make a difference in your own life. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, unlimited career growth potential, and options for you to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Interested? Then let’s talk.
If you want to join a great company and be part of a team that makes a difference, then please submit your resume and cover letter by applying below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Job Title:
- VP, Sales and Business Development
- Experience Level:
- Job Location:
- Pittsburgh, PA
- The Vice President of Sales and Business development is accountable directly to the Senior VP and GM of Global Project Development and Capital Solutions. The VP is directly responsible for business development activities of the corporation, including identifying and pursuing business opportunities, establishing and maintaining positive client relationships, developing & maintaining competitor knowledge, and leading proposal and interview preparation.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and pursue opportunities
- Work with leadership to understand and develop dck’s primary markets;
- Identify business opportunities within those targeted markets;
- Develop client and opportunity specific strategies;
- Lead team activities in support of targeted pursuits;
- Business Planning
- Develop business plans specific to a project, market or region;
- Establish and maintain client relationships
- Identify target clients and opportunities;
- Identify and participate in key industry events;
- Meet with potential clients and decision makers to understand upcoming needs;
- Facilitate effective engagement between potential and existing clients and operations teams;
- Develop and maintain competitor knowledge
- Identify and research competitors to understand their strengths and weaknesses;
- Adjust dck strategies based on competitive intelligence;
- Lead proposal and interview preparation
- Work with Legal team to review potential conflicts in contracts and participate in other legal and contractual review as needed;
- Lead the process of developing proposals and presentations based on defined win strategies;
- Lead the proposal process and development of presentations;
- System Management and Reporting
- Manage and implement new reports, procedures, and dashboards using Salesforce software;
- Prepare and provide reports for weekly updates, quarterly business forecasting, and yearly planning;
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems, policies, and procedures to ensure adherence to company guidelines;
- Team Management
- Select and hire employees for the groups mentioned above;
- Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product;
- Address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions;
- Motivate and reward employees, including providing salary increases, bonuses and promotions within allocated budgets and company guidelines;
- Other duties as assigned in support of the organization.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering, Construction Management, Business, or related field;
- At least ten years of proven work experience in a senior position of director or higher in the commercial construction industry;
- Five or more years of leadership experience required;
- Spanish speaking skills a plus.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce, and construction computer software;
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills;
- Strong presenting capabilities;
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships;
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work;
- Willing and able to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Customer focus
- Possess a high standard of ethical conduct, a passion to pursue new and creative solutions and a resolute spirit
How to Apply
- If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
- Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
- User Name: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: Getthejob1
Instructions on How to Apply:
If you are logged into Microsoft Office 365, you will need to logout before you click the APPLY button. Alternatively, you can use InPrivate browsing and enter URL: https://dckworldwide.sharepoint.com/sites/Resume/
Click APPLY and Upload Resume to apply and upload a resume to dck worldwide. Sign using this login information.
User Name: email@example.com