- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Construction management, general Construction
UPMC Children’s Hospital of PittsburghProject description
- Client University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Services Provided Construction management, general Construction
- Location Pittsburgh, PA
After extensive demolition of an older medical center on the site, dck worldwide managed the construction of a new, campus-like medical complex in its place. The new nine-story hospital and ambulatory care facility features 850,000-square-feet, 296 beds, fourteen operating rooms, and forty-one emergency department exam rooms. Also included is a helicopter landing pad, patient activity center, outdoor healing garden, a nine-story research facility, offices, and three parking garages. Improvements to the surrounding area included the widening of Penn Avenue, as well as converting one-way streets into two-way arteries to create a two-way traffic flow loop around the campus for better access and reduced congestion.
- UPMC Childrens
- hospital scanning machine
UPMC Childrens interior technology.