Careers Job DetailsBack to Job Opportunities
Sr. Safety Representative – CaribbeanCaribbean
At dck worldwide, we have a passion for building solutions for remarkable clients. Our construction accomplishments are located in some of the most extraordinary locations. We are presently building several projects throughout the Caribbean Islands.
In addition to building solutions for our clients, we provide great opportunities for our employees. At dck worldwide, you will work side-by-side with some of the commercial construction industry’s best talent. You’ll learn, you’ll grow, and you’ll contribute. You will also have the chance to make a difference in the lives of your co-workers and the community. Most importantly, you can make a difference in your own life. We offer a competitive salary, benefits, unlimited career growth potential, and options for you to maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Interested? Then let’s talk.
If you want to join a great company and be part of a team that makes a difference, then please submit your resume and cover letter by applying below. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Job Title:
- Senior Safety Representative
- Experience Level:
- Job Location:
- Various, Caribbean
- Assist in the overall supervision and administration of project safety, accident, and fire protection programs to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in controlling hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities through interface with project management/supervisory personnel.
- Assist in supervision and administration of safety/first aid and rescue squad activities. Assume total responsibility for safety operations when assigned to shift work.
- Conduct regular walk through inspections of construction areas.
- Identify, document, and recommend resolution of hazardous/potential hazardous conditions; follow through to insure corrections have been made.
- Compile data, photographs, etc.; prepare all pertinent forms and reports per program procedures and federal, state, local regulations associated with accidents.
- Conduct various industrial hygiene samplings, such as gas, 02, noise test to insure safe working conditions.
- Document all accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities. Issue confined area entry and “hot work” permits as required.
- Assist in conducting employee/craft and insurance inspectors on walk through tours. Accompany federal, state and insurance inspectors on walk through tours.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor’s direction.
Education and/or Experience
- Four-year occupational safety/health degree plus minimum ten years construction/industrial safety experience or equivalent combinations training and related experience.
- Advanced knowledge and ability to enforce all federal, state, local, and company regulations as required.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations & implement corrective measures essential.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills required.
How to Apply
Instructions on How to Apply: https://jobs.dckww.com